Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Place!

Complete with his "digital documentation" (hey, I was in a pinch and it worked), here is my OF Equine Collection Arab "Winter Solstice" taking the costume class at Ozark Mountain Live yesterday with Amy Davies' new native costume. Just thought I'd share!
Shot of it on my Musetta just for fun...




And...


While I was there, I put a bit more tackamking time into the Model Horse Blab costume contest entry (about 1 year overdue!) and began setting the Swarovski crystals for it. There are going to be tons of them - but tastefully done (hopefully!) in AB crystal, sky blue and sapphire colors. Chris Nandell approached me about claiming it for her Khemosabi resin when it's finished. Here is a very work in progress shot of it on her lovely guy:


Still waiting for Fire Mountain Gem to ship me my order for Kat's blue costume so I can get started on that one too! My life, as of late, seems to have turned blue. :)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work as always, but you really *must* finish the Blab contest costume! It already looks great on that Khemosabi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm terrible about non-essential orders for myself.. but since this has basically turned into a sale piece I have motivation now! Thanks for the kudos, lady. We need to see more pics of your lovely costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! The costume turned out beautifully. :D

    -Nichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and congrats! I love how the tassels are set to look like they are in motion too. Good work! As for the crystals, some of us (looking up and whistling) like gaudy, HAHAHA!!!

    Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete