Friday, March 27, 2009

Red and Blue on the way

After enjoying the blogs of several other tackmakers, I finally caved in and decided to begin my own. Since I update my site only when I finish a piece (which can be few and far between, I admit) I thought this might give others an insight to my creative process. I warn you now: creative minds are seldom tidy, and I am certainly no exception to that rule!

I have recently re-opened my books after a 1 year hiatus. It did not take long for slots to begin filling up, to my delight. I love working on commissions! Going along with my good friend Jennifer Buxton's desire to never post without a picture of some sort, I took a moment to snap a few shots of the beginning drapes of the new orders.

This red rug will end up as a native arab costume similar to my Bint Aisha one that placed at NAN last year:



This blue rug is destined for some added sparkle :)


I am off to match embroidery thread at my local JoAnn's!

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Heather! I'm so glad to see you here and you totally cracked me up by mentioning my "No posts without a Picture" rule! I've posted more than 175 times and everyone of those entries has had a picture. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can i buy one of your tack

    p.s i am a girl

    ReplyDelete